Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 25



It's week 25 and our little family is still pushing ahead at full steam. I can't believe I'm in month six. Only three months left! It's pretty wild to think that at the end of this little social experiment we're going to have like, you know, an infant to take care of and stuff.

The first week of summer vacation is always a bit "tough" because I feel guilty if we aren't doing something every second of the day. I'm sure by next week I'll be eating bonbons and lounging on the couch watching reruns of Law and Order without even the slightest twinge of regret. It just takes some time to mentally prepare for such laziness. Meanwhile, I'm sure I'm driving Eric nuts with lots of little mini projects and errands to complete. He's being a very good sport though.

We also bought a video camera this week so we can record the important milestones of our future offspring. I figure you can't fully scar your teenage children for life unless you have home movies of them taking baths and pooping on the potty for the first time to show their friends.

The best thing about the new camera?? It has a time-lapse feature! I've time lapsed myself rearranging the bookshelves by color (don't ask), the cat watching the birds, and Eric watching the TV. Yes, I realize that I'm a total nerd...but I'm okay with that.

We put the crib together on Father's Day. (And by "we," I mean mostly Eric.) It looks great. I'm happy with the blue color. The room is starting to look like cotton candy threw up all over it, which was the look I was going for actually.

Lucky for you, our new time-lapse video camera makes it possible for you to be part of the action! I know it's pretty riveting stuff...

I don't quite know how to use the new video camera or imovie yet, so the video is a bit lame, but I tried.

3 comments:

  1. I love the video! I could never video myself putting together a crib (or a desk, or anything) because the world would see me yelling at inanimate objects.

    Lookin' good - the crib, and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I love how you spent the whole video glancing up at the camera! You would make the worst reality show contestant ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I had to make sure it was still recording! Remember you're watching about an hour and a half condensed into 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete