Friday, June 11, 2010

Week 23



Well, here we are at week 23! The baby's a night owl, and I've already got the grey hairs to prove it!

The baby has been driving me to the brink of insanity all week because she doesn't move around much during the day. She likes to wait till around 9 pm or so to make her appearance. This causes her mama some serious anxiety because when she doesn't move for several hours at a time I start to get nervous. I spend hours of the day poking my belly hoping for some kicks in return. She doesn't usually oblige. She's a stubborn baby. Where'd she get that from? **cough**Eric**cough**

Luckily, just as I'm settling into bed, baby makes her appearance. I take a giant sigh of relief and watch my tummy start jerking around. Which, by the way, is both seriously weird and awesome. Anyone ever seen Alien?? At least I'm starting to recognize the pattern. My mother also assures me that this is typical baby behavior and that I wasn't any different when she was pregnant with me. Still, it's making me bananas.

In fact, I found a big patch of white hairs and grey roots on my head the other morning. Not just one! A whole patch! Thankfully, the patch is buried beneath a top layer of wild, thick hair and (I think) is unnoticeable. Isn't 29 too early for this nonsense? The baby's only 23 weeks along, and she's already keeping me up at nights and turning my hair grey!

In other news, Dizzy The Cat has asthma??? I didn't know cats could get asthma. I just finished reading Lord of the Flies with my kids, and there's a line in it that goes, "Sucks to your ass-mar!" I've been saying this to the cat all week, but he doesn't seem to find it as funny as I do. I think Dizzy needs to stop taking himself so seriously.

4 comments:

  1. My what hairy arms you have! Does the cat get a miniature inhaler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! I want to see Dizzy's friend the SQUIRREL sitting on the windowsill talking to him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that squirrel comes back we're moving! Amy- no mini inhalers, and yes, my arms are quite manly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate to tell you but after I had Eric my hair started to turn gray. I blame it on having kids.
    :(

    ReplyDelete