Monday, May 17, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

On Friday, I finally told my students that I'm having a baby. After a week of whispers and side-long glances, I felt it was time to explain that my large, round tummy is the result of a baby and not too many donuts.

Best comments I received:

"I know, Dylan told me." (This is funny because I never told Dylan.)

"I hope your baby has red hair like you!"

"And Francis said, 'It all makes sense! She's growing a belly, her ankles have been swollen, she's had mood swings! She has to be pregnant!"

When I told Eric the last one, his response was, "Listen kids, I coulda told you that her ankles are always big, and she's always moody. That doesn't prove a thing."

I'll be telling the classes I didn't see last week today. We'll see what they say.

2 comments:

  1. I hope baby girl has kankles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Mom posting again? Sure curse Summer's baby to a life with kankles. Argh...It's okay Summer I have them too.

    ReplyDelete