Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Rose by Any Other Name...

I know we still have months to decide, but picking a name this time around is proving much more difficult than it was last time. Last time, at only a few weeks pregnant, we had names for both a girl and a boy picked out already. Ellis Jane for a girl, and Jack Davis for a boy. We just sort of fell into the name Ellis and loved it immediately. I suppose we could still use Jack, but I feel like there have been a million Jack's born in the past year. On the other hand, I need to reel myself in so we don't end up with baby January, Tuesday or Zooey. (All of which I've suggested and Eric has swiftly vetoed.)

We still have a long list, and it changes all the time, and it will probably change again many times before baby arrives, but here are some of our ideas so far...

Girls:
Harper
Hadley
Esme
Celia
Avery
Norah
Isla

Boys:
James
Harrison (Harry)
Henry
Miles
Holden
Luke

3 comments:

  1. What's wrong with Bob...same forwards & backwards (pallindrome), so easy to learn how to spell...I'm sure there are many more benefits to being a Bob!
    Mom & BOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't I just name the baby Racecar? That's a palindrome too! And then it can be a Nascar star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Racecar...that's the name! I think he looks like a Henry.

    ReplyDelete